Generous Gardener

 The Generous Gardener runs lecture days based at Rodmarton Manor and plant sales at Charlton Farm Garden. There are usually three plant sales a year with an excellent range of nurseries attending and other stalls like Tom's Yard selling gorgeous terracotta pots for the garden. 

Charlton Farm garden is beautifully designed with intense small rooms around the farmhouse and interesting more relaxed hinterland of about 3 acres around that. I took a few photos of the garden. I didn't photograph the irises below the trees in the area where the rill is situated, but start with this lovely wooded, shrubby area created around a circular sculpture


Since I last visited, quite a few more features have been developed like this stone bench and table
Another seating area
The flag irises were in flower around the large pond
Another lovely seating area with a dry hedge behind it
I loved this sculpture
And returning to near the house, couldn't resist taking photos of the gravel gardens, below
and this one by the swimming pool which doesn't look very interesting, but was beautiful
I had intended to go on the garden lecture day with Arthur Parkinson who is very entertaining, but it was fully booked by the time I had made up my mind. 
I should include a photo of the plants I bought. I'm hoping they grow well. It's a bit sobering when I look at the plant labels I have collected over the last 13 years and wonder where many of the plants have gone!
I missed the Rare Plant Fair at Kingston Bagpuize which I love going to every year. It was last Sunday and maybe I was plant faired out.

Comments