Kingston Bagpuize Rare Plant Fair

 It's only two weeks since the last plant fair write up, and it could be argued that if I went to one so recently why go to this one? The Kingston Bagpuize Rare Plant Fair is always excellent with many superb nurseries attending. There was a fascinating selection of plants which I'm really looking forward to finding places for in the garden.

I think my favourite photo is taken from the terrace overlooking the lawn and long border with a side view of the house:

Above, the view of the front of the house from the plant fair

There were lots of people at the plant fair including Ali who I kept bumping into, and who was at Twigs last weekend
There were about 26 nurseries attending, so there was a tremendous choice of plants.
I particularly liked Millwood plants, they had some Diascias which I had been looking to buy.
and bought 6 very healthy Ammi majus seedlings in a tray from Special Plants.
Tim and I went for a walk in the field opposite the house where paths weave through long grass and there are interesting trees like this hawthorn above and below
Finally I came across what I thought were poppies in a wooded are, they were in fact tulips.
Fabulous day out. The next plant fair is next weekend at High Glanau Manor near Monmouth, just down the M4.




Comments