RWA Open Exhibition

 The open exhibition at the Royal West of England Academy in Bristol closed on 8 January. I enjoyed the exhibition at the beginning of December, and loved seeing Tim Carroll's work there, so although I'm too late, I'm going to include a photo of his work which looked great on the gallery wall, and some others which I admired.

and here it is in situ with other work around it:

it's quite a big painting, only just fitted in the car with the boot open all the way down the M4, but as you can see, the one above was even bigger.
Above is Scatter# 2 oil, etching, collage by Anna Morris she has captured the landscape in a really pleasing way
The main picture above is by Kurt Jackson, it's called Beauty and The Beast oil and collage on linen. A gorgeous piece of work. Looking up the website led me to some of the fabulous things for sale there. I was very tempted by the silver earrings, especially the Cornish pilchards
This is very recognisable as a painting by Eileen Cooper RA RWA (Hons) it's called 'Everyday Miracle'.
Above is a Woodblock by Matthew Lintott, he won the Rabley Gallery Print Prize
Above a wood engraving by Rebecca Coleman: View Subterranea: Mornington Crescent, there were seven red dots when I visited.
This is Eleanor Durbin's The Royal Oak Tree, Richmond Park and it's drypoint
And for my final choice, I particularly liked The Eel Trap by Philip Naylor which is a monotype
On the way home, I spotted this great pub sign for Ye Olde White Hart

Pleased to have finally written this post and added the photos.




Comments