#SixOnSaturday: July Exuberance

 Life has been hectic in the garden with Old Town Open Gardens taking place next Sunday 10th July and a plant sale last week which raised £700 for TWIGS and OTRA Gardens. I raised my head from the minutiae of which pots to group together, to what's going on in the garden as a whole this morning, and discovered there's lots of exuberance as I've said in the title. Here'smy six:

A ladybird poppy has appeared. I tried sowing a packet of ladybird poppies despite the fact the packet said to direct sow them; I pricked them out into a seed tray, and they slowly died. I have bought them in pots at plant fairs, but presumably they were sown into the pots. Anyway I have a random one from somewhere.
Above is a Monarda flowering wonderfully, it's in its second year and looking really good
Dierama are great favourites of mine, this is a new one, planted last summer, it looks quite dark pink and rather lovely.
The sunflowers are out! They're not apparently worrying about the dry conditions, so I need more of them next year.
I'm not good with Delphiniums, so this is a bonus to see these lovely flowers.

And the cucumbers in the greenhouse are fantastic, the flavour is wonderful, I'm picking them quite small because that's how I like them.
So there are my six, I'll go and look at The Propagator's six and post on his page. If you like growing things, it's great to join in with the #SOS gardening community.


Comments

  1. Thank you for including the Monarda, my neighbour split her own plant and gave me one last year, but I couldn't recall the name of it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment