#SixOnSaturday:Reaching for the Sky

 Returning home after a few days away looking at other people's gardens, I was struck by how tall everything had become in the garden here. The weather was exceptionally hot, 32 degrees as I returned home, all potted plants had been kept alive due to the careful watering by Tim which was a great relief, he did a great job. I'll write up the gardens visited in North Devon and Somerset after this #SOS post.

Meanwhile on with the six, four of which are Clematis, reminding me how fabulous these plants are, mostly getting more vigorous every year. I bought my favourite Clematis from Brinkworth Walled Garden nursery about 16 years ago, it's a great place to buy Clematis and if you're not nearby, they do mail order. From looking at the website, I decided this is Clematis texensis Buckland Beauty, it probably needs more to climb up than it has at present:

This Clematis is doing very well this year, and is managing to climb the arch into the garden, it's not a special variety I don't think, but all the same is behaving well
The climbing rose flowers once a year and looks tremendous, despite my inexperienced pruning regime. It was given a severe haircut last autumn with only a few strands left to train over the arch. I'm really pleased with this rose and have bought a bush rose on my travels which will hopefully make it to this blog next week.
This Clematis is looking very happy climbing up the new 6 foot trellis despite worries that its root was very near the concreting of the upright post to the left of the photo.
This is another superb Clematis scrambling over a fence and plum tree, I've looked up and think I may also have bout this from Brinkworth Walled Garden, and it may be C.viticells Hagelby Pink, bearing in mind how much I like these plants, I think I should make another visit to the nursery
The Cardoon has also shot up and is due for a second washing up liquid wash to exterminate the black fly
There are my six, I wonder what the Propagator chose for his six, and what everyone else is talking about this week. I'll head over to his blog now.



Comments