#SixOnSaturday; enjoying past plant fair purchases

 I'm a bit late this week because there has been lots to do today ahead of a short break away from the garden. It's not a good time to go away because I'm holding a plant sale on the 25th June and opening my garden as part of Old Town Open Gardens on 10th of July. 

I realised when I went round the garden today that many of my absolute favourites are purchases made at Rare Plant Fairs where I find some absolutely gorgeous perennials and then eagerly await their flowering phase the next year. Two of today's six were bought at Rodmarton Manor plant fair, last year held on 20th June and this year being held on the 19th, should be a good one, well they all are. The Kingston Bagpuize on a couple of weeks ago had 28 nurseries attending, deciding what to buy was hard. 

My most eagerly awaited was the Iris chrysographes black form which has certainly grown a lot bigger in a year:

Isn't it amazing? I bought it from Chase Plants, and also bought a Chamaerion augustifolium pink form, willow herb to many of us, looking them up, they seem to not be listed. This pink form of willow herb is lovely, as is the white flowered one.

I'll move onto my next choice, a bi colour Nemesia which has overwintered in a community planter at Broadgreen, and is now looking stunning. The only treatment it has had is dead heading.
Ligularia is about to flower, it doesn't really like the baking it gets in my garden, but with a bit of watering it survives
Nigella or Love in a Mist, of course it's self won, but looking good today
And finally Astrantia, quite a dark red one, quite prolific and doesn't seem to worry about any conditions, it looks good today.
There are my six, I'll go and see what The Propagator and others have selected today. Well he's included quite a few Clematis which I could have done, hopefully they will still be flowering next Saturday. Happy gardening everyone.


Comments