#SixOnSaturday: Echium Envy

 I'm not sure how everything is growing so well in the garden, and on the allotment, with so little rain for weeks. We've had lots of sun and everything is looking fabulous when I walk round to check up on how things are doing. At the moment I could spend all my time gardening, but there have been other things to do this week, including local elections. I think I've got a clear day tomorrow with nothing else to do, apart from planting out runner beans, weeding and trying to prepare for the plant sale on 25 June, and and open gardens on 10 July. 

For my six this week, I've chosen two plants not in my garden, the first is a wonderful Echium seen in St.James's Park in London. It must be the mild winters in London, that allow it to be flowering now, I got one through two winters, but not the third in my garden.

Walking though our local Queen's Park, I noticed this beautiful tree peony:
There was a sprinkling of rain last night which looked lovely on the hostas
The Geums are still looking glorious, this is the very vigorous Bell Bank; I divided it when I bought it last year, it's formed 3 very good plants
Near the end of the garden, everything looked really lush, the arbour was very inviting, it doesn't get much use of course.
And finally, Veronica 'Tissington White' which doesn't last long, but makes a good show while in flower. I wonder if it's the one mentioned on Gardener's World last night?

So there are my six, I'm belatedly going over to The Propagator the author of #SixOnSaturday.


Comments

  1. Very pretty, I love the rain drops on the Hostas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes aren't they? We have still had very little rain, but it's lovely to see them on Hostas

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment