#SixonSaturday Easter gardening

 I enjoy looking round the garden for #sixonsaturday inspiration, but at this time of year, there's barely time to keep up with sowing, weeding, compost bin moving, raking and watering to spend time indoors, so I'll make it a quickie.

 I've got one 'outside' this week, the Snakeshead fritillaries at North Meadow, Cricklade are looking fabulous just now, and the fabulous clump in my garden seems to have been decimated by my over zealous weeding. My top plant is once again the Euphorbia mellifera, it provides me with more pleasure than many other plants; after yesterday's high temperatures, the flowers were just visible emerging from the buds, so here it is:

Next the Magnolia is looking perfect just now, some buds were damaged in the frosts last week, but it's putting on a good show
The Acers are best when the leaves just open in my opinion, so here's one of mine, released from a pot last year and ready to romp away
I'm a big fan of primroses, I haven't looked this one up, but it's red wine or something like that
and a Viola beginning to flower after the winter, I very much like the ones from Wildegoose Nurrsery, they attend lots of plant fairs, they were at the rare Plant Fair last week at Quenington, and always have lots of interesting plants as well as the violas.
and a lovely pair of fritillary flowers:
So there are my 6, just going to look at the Propagator's blog now to see what he's chosen. Do have a look at his entry and lots of other interesting gardener's comments by clicking on the link 


Comments

  1. I must get some fritillary, they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are fabulous, and they pop up every year, unexpectedly, because I never remember where they have been planted!!

      Delete

Post a Comment