#SixOnSaturday: new planters and a plant fair

 This week, there was a Friday plant fair at The Coach House at Ampney Crucis, if you live anywhere near Cirencester, it's well worth going there if you like looking at and buying plants of course. The gardens are fabulous as well, so it's worth going to look at them. This morning, the emphasis was on spring flowers, with lots of hellebores, primroses and Daphne, and the deepest mulching you are liable to see anywhere.

This is the last year they are running plant fairs and lecture days, so it's worth looking at the website and finding when the next three plant sales are being held, because it's a wonderful place to visit. This week my six are linked to the planters installed outside the Co-op on Newport St by South Swindon Parish Council which need some interesting plants put in them.

First of the six are some of the plants destined for the planter, Euphorbias are brilliant performers in community beds, so have chosen some of those, along with perennial wallflowers and variegated brunnera, all bought from the wonderful Tortworth Plants nursery. I'll also buy some plants from Rose Earle who has a fantastic selection of plants, then I've got quite a lot of donated sedums and cuttings taken which I'm trying to beef up a bit.
Above the three planters can just about be seen disappearing into the distance, there will be some after photos when I've got them planted. Unsure why the soil levels are quite so low!!
Here's a view of the plant fair, it's not too good, it looks a bit deserted, people are not happy to be photographed when enjoying themselves at a plant fair, I've got a better one of the house as well which I'll include here:
So what did I buy that I particularly liked for the garden here?
Two gorgeous hellebores
look at the frilly centre in this one!!
And this is the deepest fuchsia pink cyclamen coum I've seen.
OK so there are my six, I'll go and look at The Propagator blog now, and then catch the 9.10am train for a day in London.






Comments

  1. Lovely Hellebores and a fantastic idea, re the community beds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hellebores are fantastic, both bought from Tortworth Nurseries, well worth a look on their website, they sell online if you can't visit a plant sale. I'm looking forward to planting up the community planters, maybe a different theme to each one, rather than three the same?

      Delete
  2. I love the second Hellebore in particular, and yes that is a choice coum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the second hellebore is an unusual one, a chance cross apparently. I went rushing round the garden looking to see if I already had a coum as bright as that, and I don't, it's eye popping, although some may say too bright.

      Delete

Post a Comment