#SixOnSaturday: an abundance of flowers

 The week of warm weather has brought on the flowers, and suddenly the garden is a riot of colour. The Magnolia stellata is top of the flowering pops as far as I'm concerned this week. Admittedly, plant is still small, but has quite a few flowers, and I'm really pleased with it. I love all Magnolias, but this is a particularly wonderful variety:

Near to the Magnolia is a very sweet woodland scene with hyacinths given as presents over the years, planted in the garden amid pulmonaria and primroses
Yet another frilly, spotted pink hellebore has just opened
The first damson blossom is out, I hadn't realised it's the first blossom, running neck and neck with blackthorn in this garden
A bright red primula in a pot with shocking red flowers has enjoyed this week's sun, but won't like it if I don't watch the watering
And this gorgeous Primula denticulata Ruby is flowering its socks off. As you can see it has 4 flower stems and has another about to grow. What good value this plant is, bought recently from Tortworth Plants at a plant fair.
There are my six, I'm going to look at the Propagator's choice now, why not head over there to see what he and lots of other people have chosen. It has to be said, his Magnolia stellata is fantastic and shows what mine might aspire to!


Comments

  1. I do like the Damson blossom and a great choice of six this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosie, I have so many favourites in the garden each week, it's hard to choose only six, but I love trying to narrow it down. I'll go and look at your six.

      Delete

Post a Comment