#SixOnSaturday: early morning picks in the sunshine

 Although I'm late getting this week's choice out, I went out first thing to take photographs in warm sunshine, and as usual looked to see what caught my eye, and made me smile. The garden is generally waking up, with buds all over the place. I'm looking at the pond every day for signs of activity from frogs, but there hasn't been any so far, the wind was bitterly cold this afternoon, so they're obviously holding off for a bit longer. Here are my six bright spots in the garden:

Who doesn't have fabulous hellebores? If you don't you should! I noticed this one has some spikes sticking out of the flower, I wonder if they are stigmas?
I tend to leave pots I haven't used for bulb displays with whatever they contained the previous summer, it's interesting to see what survives, this one has Agyranthemums flowering away and Nemesias also flowering. The begonias have died back, but will survive.
An 'ordinary' primula saved from one of the community beds at the beginnign of last summer. The acid yellow tones are lovely.
This frilly hellebore is also lovely
Pulmonaria grows really well all over the garden and is flowering freely at the moment providing nectar for bees and other insects.
And last but not least, I was surprised the see this fennel plant taking off so wonderfully.
So there are my six, I'll go over to the Propagator's blog now and see what he and the other gardeners have chosen.



Comments

  1. Yes aren't they? I used to think Hellebores were dull, but love them now and have quite a varied collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That yellow primula really does reflect the light well. I've noticed recently how well pale yellow shows up as in the yellow hellebore I saw recently at East Lambrook Manor.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment