#SixOnSaturday: Enjoying Flowers

 The garden is ready to burst into life, and is probably ready to slough off last year's growth, with lots of woody stems now falling over because they haven't yet been cut. I try and save them in a large pile at the end of the garden to maintain a habitat for any overwintering insects. This week it wasn't the jobs needing doing, or the green shoots from the base of the fennel which struck me as #SOS contenders but flowers cheerily blooming despite many nights of frost this month. There's also a worrying dryness in the garden. But onto my six, very common flowers for the time of year. I'm going to start with an orange primula bought flowering profusely last spring, now divided into 3 plants and looking glorious.

Similarly with this yellow primula, flowering its socks off.
Next the snowdrops are looking great, having formed large clumps, is this the year that I'll take the plunge and divide some?
The clumps of Cyclamen coum are also getting larger each year, there are pale pink ones
darker pink ones and the fuchsia pink ones which don't bulk up like the paler ones in this garden
I brought this primula into the greenhouse a few weeks ago, it's looking pampered and less nibbled than the other ones.
So there are my bright six, I'm going over to see what The Propagator has chosen this week, head over there by clicking on the link to see what he's been up to, and lots of other gardeners are writing about.


Comments

Post a Comment