Freshwater Bay, Tennyson Down and The Needles

 We had a perfect day for the excursion to Tennyson Down, with sunshine and blue skies all day. After looking at the map, Tim decided to walk from VBG to Tennyson Down by the Coastal path, agreeing to meet us at 2.30pm by the monument. This proved quite a difficult walk, not only is it about a quarter of the island, but there are lots of landslips, so he had to keep walking on the road. It took longer than the allotted time, but he made it and walked up to the monument. Meanwhile we parked in a car park at Freshwater Bay, and walked along the beach in search of some lunch, as I took my phone out of my pocket to take the first photograph, my car keys must have dropped out of my pocket. Unaware of this, we sat down to eat sandwiches on a bench, and as we got up to walk over to Tennyson Down, I noticed some keys which looked remarkably like mine, they were mine!! Thank you so much to the kind person who put them on the wall where they could be seen, it could have been very difficult if I had lost them.

Here's a photo of the Tennyson monument with Lyn sitting back enjoying the view.
We walked on from the monument to The Needles a dramatic couple of rocks jutting out from the sea.
We didn't walk any nearer than this because of concerns about getting back to the car by 5.15pm
This view walking back gives splendid views of Compton Bay and further along the coast.
Another brilliant place I'd like to visit again.
 

Comments