The Place for Plants at East Bergholt

 The Place for Plants has been widely advertised, often appearing as a nursery to visit in Gardens Illustrated, a great magazine for ideas of what to plant where. It was quite a long drive from Bradfield Combust to this garden, but we thought it was worth while.

The garden is largely a woodland garden with some large hydrangeas dotted around, a pond, a boggy area and of course lots of trees.The blue flowered plant was at the edge of the pond, and was very desirable, not sure what it is.
Purple loosestrife is flowering abundantly everywhere this years it seems
Below a lovely hydrangea with a pointed accumulation of flowers. I realise I must give plants more room. I have a lovely hydrangea bought from Great Dixter a couple of years ago which has become buried by other plants, so I can't see its flower shape, and it's not thriving.
This was another frothy flowered hydrangea looking wonderful.
And this horse chesnut leaved plant flowering now. I featured it in my #sixonsaturday a few weeks ago and someone told me its name. I'll look it up.
I collected some lupin seed from a lupin growing in grassland at the edge of the wood, thinking it must be hardy if it can grow there, and then bought a couple of hardy geraniums in the plant nursery.


Comments