TWIGS NGS Day coming soon!

 Yes, as part of our 'getting back to normal', it seems that TWIGS is going to open for their first NGS day on Sunday 23 May when they will be open from 12-4pm, with refreshments. I looked up whether pre booking is needed and the NGS website says it isn't necessary.

With the first Rare Plant Fair this Sunday at Quenington Rectory, I am very pleased to be looking at gardens and buying plants. You need to book in advance for the Rare Plant Fairs by clicking on the link, but not TWIGS NGS day. 

I visited TWIGS on Monday to buy plants for our OTRA community gardens and took a few photos to add to this post advertising the open day: 

The structures around the garden certainly enhance the experience, add to the atmosphere, and make taking photos easier. I didn't venture into the gardens, so I've only got some very superficial shots, there are many delights to find when you visit on the 23 May
Above is a stained glass panel, and below the plant sales area which I would thoroughly recommend. I was pleased I took 3 containers for plants, and filled them. Plants are 6 for £10, and mostly perennials, so a real bargain for some well grown and unusual plants.
Bordering alongside TWIGS, along their boundary were some huge conifers which were felled last year, giving a lot more light to the gardens and revealing a great space out the front of TWIGS where a great garden has been created. This makes a lovely TWIGS type welcome to the gardens.
Along with the more traditional welcome sign letting people know when the gardens are open.

I'm hoping to take lots more photos on the open day itself. We certainly won't be worrying about the lack of rainfall, but let's hope for a dry and sunny day on the 23 May.



Comments