#SixOnSaturday 16.5.20 lots of pinky/purple

I have been trying to put together a blog post about my #SOS actually on a Saturday, but failed this week, maybe I need to start the whole business on Friday? Then I'd be bright and bushy tailed like all the other fabulous garden blogging enthusiasts with a post first thing on Saturday.
This week the garden is looking wonderfully floriferous despite the near drought conditions, and I had an almost exclusively purpley pink palette, but felt I needed to include the fabulous Epimedium 'Amber Queen'. As the name suggests, it's an amber colour and holds the flowers well above the foliage, unlike many Epimediums where you have to scramble through foliage to find the flowers.
I've started with Amber Queen and will now move onto another favourite in the garden, the Nemesias I remember form childhood were firmly annuals, bought by my mother and planted around a birdbath where they gave a wonderful display all summer. These new varieties flower all winter and grow very strongly in the spring giving wonderful early displays of flowers, they are also wonderfully vanilla scented. I grow them in pots as seen below:
 My next delight is this foxglove with a beautiful purple flower and a dark hue on it's stem. I've tried sowing seed from a whopping white foxglove I had last year, but not been successful at getting any more of those, but this one is a lovely colour.
 Allium 'Purple Sensation' new this year, after seeing masses at RHS Wisley last year, I had to have some
 This is one of the Pelargoniums I bought a couple of years ago from the fabulous Fibrex nurseries, I have overwintered this plant outside, and have some lovely cuttings inside. I must find out its name.
here's one of the cuttings, much more spindly, but lovely in its way.
My final choice was a small flowered Verbascum which manages to grow through other thuggish plants every year:
 As ever thanks for this introduction to an amazing group of gardeners got to The Propagator whose blog this week can be found here


Comments