Irises and Clematis for May Bank hols #SixOnSaturday

We are still waiting for rain here and I have now got muscles developing on muscles with the amount of watering i have been doing both at home and on the allotment. I'm still spending most of lockdown gardening which is suiting me very well, although I still don't understand why there are always more jobs to do however much time I spent in the garden.
This weekend is clearly time to appreciate sheer exuberance, forget the sweet, small flowers, it's the big, blowsy ones that are shrieking for attention this week. We've also had a real treat on television this week, with previous programmes featuring the best of Chelsea Flower Show. Last night I was going to write up my #SOS blog ready for early morning publication, but there was the best of Chelsea last night, then GW and then I watched my nightly episode of Breaking Bad. I started watching this at the beginning of lockdown and am now on series 5 episode 2, pure escapism.
Anyway to my six starting with Irises, I bought the first one at a Rare Plant Fair at Kingston Bagpuize anbout 4 years ago, the 2020 fair at Kingston Bagpuize was due to take place tomorrow when there would have been many similarly wonderful irises .
 There's a desire to take the best photograph possible when you get one like this, I tried in the sun, and below this morning when there wasn't any sun. You get more velvetyness in the sun.
 The yellow irises are the standard ones that live in pods, they do try and take over a bit, but when they look like this, it's worth it. These came from my brother-in-laws pond about 8 years ago, so they have been fairly restrained.
 I've already featured Iris sibirica given to me by Lyn, yes again they do tend to try and atke over, but look good in clumps and don't turn up their toes when they get dry.
 I'm not sure what sort of iris this is, it's not very happy in its current position and is just hanging on amidst a few thugs.
 I love Clematis although rarely seem to know how to look after them properly, despite this, they cope quite well. It's interesting to see what other #SOS gardeners have chosen, I like to make my choices before looking at anyone else's choices, particularly our host The Propagator who has chosen this Nelly Moser this week.
and another clematis growing through a quince bush:
That's my six, I think this week it's all about these 2 species for me.
What will next week bring?
Nearly forgot my collage:

Comments