Evening on Lawn Park

With most of our time spent at home, either indoors, or outside for those lucky enough to have outside space, the daily exercising has become a ritual for many of us during lockdown, often accompanied by a member of our household if we have one. I often go out in the direction of Great Copse and Ladder Lane, but the other night wanting to photograph community gardens, I suggested walking the opposite way.  We ended up in the direction of Lawn, with the Corn Exchange looking like a beacon in the evening sunshine:
 I took another photo with the bell tower included:
We then walked down the avenue of trees from High Street and into the wonderful open space of Lawn. I didn't take any photos of the fabulous views and idyllic nature of the place, but there are many on Duncan and Mandy's website which I hope they don't mind me mentioning. Interestingly they talk about The Lawns and give interesting information about the Goddard estate, but I think it is properly called 'Lawn'
I loved this red flowered type of chestnut tree, I think looking at its leaves, it's a sweet rather than a horse chestnut, the flowers are very red with little white on them.
 I'll go back and look when the fruit is set to see what that's like, sweet chestnut flowers however aren't that shape. Does anyone know?
 Coming back from Lawn, I thought about the fact that if we'd been on holiday, I would have been very pleased with the evening walk, and how good it is to be able to walk and look at things.
My final photograph was taken in Evelyn Street at the back of Blackman Gardens, this Pyracantha is flowering so exuberantly at the moment.

Comments