Flowers in the Garden

It's my intention to have all the year round interest in my garden, and I check regularly that I'm achieving this! Impatient to get on with the garden, I have done a bit of trimming and tidying up of Rudbeckia seed heads, stacking them in a pile in a corner of the garden so overwintering insects aren't too disturbed.
I took a few photos of plants that were flowering in the garden in the first week of January, they are still very similar now, although the snowdrops have emerged a bit more.
 and I think the Cyclamen coum are probably showing more flowers. I have them in white
 light pink and deep pink. I can't say which are my favourite ones, I like them all, their colours  zing when I look into the garden at them.
 Here's a lovely Hellebore bursting with flower buds
 a primrose with lots of flowers
 Below is a plant I love called Correa 'Pink Mist' bought in a Rare Plant Fair at Quenington on 9.4.17 from Fibrex Nurseries. It's  definitely a winter flowering plant.
 I am going to include this poor photo of winter flowering honeysuckle. The perfume is fantastic. I must get soem in the front garden.
 More primroses, not double ones
 A self seeded viola
 Aubretia flowering at a strange time
 and this Salvia elegans, pineapple sage just hanging on to its flowers on a south facing house wall.
Clematis 'Winter Beauty' is flowering its socks off in the front garden

Comments