Bath Society of Artists Opening Night

The Bath Society of Artists annual exhibition opening by Johnny Messum at the Victoria Art Gallery was held on 23 March from 6.30-8.00pm.It was a great evening, here are a few photos to give you an idea of the event, I realise they are not good at all because as ever, there were too many people squashed in front of me.
In this one, Susannah Lisle, the exiting Chair is giving a speech. Susannah has been a fantastic Chair for the Bath Society of Artists, and I'm sure will enjoy the break from duties:
 Here's the other wall and a photographer
 And Johnny Messum, looking forward to visiting Messums.
Sadly no close ups of paintings, I'll go back and get some soon, I was very proud of my husband, the artist Tim Carroll who had done a fantastic job, as exhibition organiser, of pulling the whole thing together despite the vagaries of the weather, the selection day on Sunday was snowed off, and British Rail had replacement buses that weekend
The exhibition runs until 12 May and is well worth a visit.

Comments