Quenington Old Rectory Rare Plant Fair

 The first rare plant fair near Swindon was the one at the Old Rectory in Quenington, so of course I attended it and stocked up with plants. Plant fairs are well worth attending for the wonderful range of nurseries attending with healthy plants and lots of very helpful advice. Additionally they are set in beautiful gardens. The garden at Quenington is also home to the Fresh Air Sculpture Show  from16 June-7 July now in its 30 + year.

There wasn't really time to take photos, but I took these four. Darmera peltata seen above and along the banks of the river was at its peak when I visited two weeks ago. It's one of my favourite plants, but won't grow in my garden because it prefers a riverside situation to keep its roots moist.
Below are a couple of views of the lawn where the stalls were placed around the edges.
The next rare plant fair local to Swindon is at Salthrop House on 12 May. I can't make that one because it clashed with RHS Malvern Show.

Comments