#SixOnSaturday- the Survivors

 I wasn't sure about doing #SOS this week, there's lots on as ever. But I thought that this week we have had the highest recorded temperatures and virtually no rain, we had some on Wednesday, but not the torrential rain forecast for yesterday. The plants that follow have not been watered at all, with the exception of the Rudbeckia which is in a pot, and is a survivor of the winter as well. My top choice is an easy winner, you could all guess this, it's wild carrot, grown from collected wild seed in my lawn:

These red hot pokers have been loving the heat and not minded at all about not being watered
And of course crocosmia 'Lucifer' just carry on regardless
Fennel has thin, grey green leaves and is ideally adapted to growing in this new climate we have
Echinops another winner in the high temperatures and low rainfall situation we find ourselves in
Lastly, this Rudbeckia, possibly 'Cherry Brandy' maybe a bit yellowy brown for that one, is not hardy, but overwintered on a thread of green stem and now looks fabulous. It's in a pot, so has been watered, but maybe would cope if in the ground with out water?
So there are my six survivors, let's see what The Propagator has chosen for his six this week. He's 'gone big' on hollyhocks, I love the ones at Charleston and think I ought to focus on them next year.


Comments

  1. I think your garden has done really well without water. My Crocosmia are more orange than yours, I wonder what variety mine are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have watered lots of things in my garden; yesterday's post was about those things which haven't been watered! There are lots of varieties of Crocosmia, with varying shades from yellow to deep red. I think they are gorgeous, they really add a zingyness to the garden. If you look up images of Crocosmia, you can get an idea of the number of varieties and maybe identify yours.

      Delete

Post a Comment