#SixOnSaturday- A Look Round the Garden

With temperatures still in double figures during the day, and only a couple of frosts, most things are carrying on but without much zest. I am trying to move and split things while the soil is still quite warm. I discovered the sanguisorbas have large tap roots which seemed to fall off the main plants, I'm going to see if they will produce plants as well as the main parts of the plants. I'm going to start with Salvia Amistad which is still looking good, I love this plant, but feel it never quite thrives in my garden, this is a new position for it, so I'm hoping it'll survive the winter and really get going next year.

The Liquidambar has been magnificent, although today it was difficult to get a good photo, it was dull and I think too many of the leaves have fallen to really look good

However when I looked on the ground, there were fabulous coloured leaves which really did look good:

My next choice is a pampas grass which is looking fabulous, this is the first time it has flowered, and I was under the impression it was an attractive variegated grass. I now know what it is and don't want it in that position or in the garden at all. I haven't found anyone who wants it. Please let me know if you'd like it.

The next plant Clerodendron trichotomum has been moved several times and is just about surviving in the present position. I love its flowers and fruits and have seen it growing vigorously in other people's gardens
My last choice is a grass which is growing very well, probably needs splitting, but not this year
So there are my six, a bit of a mixed bag this week. I'll go and have a look at the Propagator's choice, and what else people are talking about this week. He's amazed there hasn't been a proper frost yet. My nasturtiums are sill growing but looking a bit leggy.





Comments

  1. Pampas grass can be a thug can’t it. Good luck in finding a new home for it. I fear it will be difficult to dig up. On the other hand, your second grass is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think anyone will want it. I bought it 3 years ago from a plant sale in an RHS partner garden, and it looked really nice, but has grown really fast. It took me until it flowered to realise what it was. I haven't tried to dig it out yet, but it must come out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment