#SixOnSaturday- a chilly start this morning

 Spending time away from home means I missed last week's #sos and have been trying to catch up with holiday blog posts. However, I have just been out to see what's photogenic today; recently I have been hacking back and digging out lots of things which were dominating the beds like evening primrose, fennel and an invasive campanula, and not focused on the delights. It's 13 degrees out there, and felt too cold for my short sleeved T shirt, and I think at least one photograph shows signs of camera shake.

Well top of the pops for me today is Rudbeckia goldsturm I think. It loves the conditions in my garden, so I divide it lots and spread it around, it features in plant sales and local community gardens.

It's probably in everyone's six this week, it's certainly looking fab in my garden this morning

This plant above was bought from Forde Abbey, on a recent visit I looked it up, they still have it, but the name escapes me. It's a cannabis leafed plant
Above a large Rudbeckia, over 8 feet tall doing very well this year
This is a pink Erigeron karvinskianus although it looks white, it's not vigorous, but looks quite good
Above this is a tall aster type of flower, and below a lovely wild form of aster.
So there are my six, not properly named this week, apologies for that. I need a rare plant fair to visit to help me out with names. I'm going over to The Propagator now to see what he and lots of other have chosen. Happy gardening.


Comments

  1. Google lens will help you with names, if you're using Android. It's a great cheat. It's 13 degrees here too, oddly enough, but I have an idea we're in the other hemisphere to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Megan, I did have a plant identification app but apparently it only lasts for a month? I'll look up Google lens. I'm in the UK, and am amazed by how cold it has been these last couple of days.
    I feel doing #sixonsaturday I should know the names and varieties of everything!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment