#SixonSaturday- Tithonia and other Stunners

 With a visit to Bridport and an AGM to attend online, I knew #sixonsaturday would maybe be squeezed out, however when I looked out at the garden this morning, I could see the first home grown Tithonia was in flower. That settled it, I looked at what else was in flower, and although much of the garden is past its best, some things certainly make up for this. Starting with the Tithonia, what a fabulous color and well worth faffing about with sowing seeds, pricking them out, and then planting them out in between other things where I hope they won't clash too much.

Right beside the Tithonias are lots of self sown Morning Glories from previous years, they just look after themselves, and this morning was their first showing
I've grown a variety of different sunflowers this year, including some in the planter in the road outside, they are all looking good.
I do like this rather strange flower, it's Burkheya purpurea, first seen at RHS Wisley, it's beginnign to spread itself around
I'm not sure what this is, but what it lacks in colourful flowers, it makes up for in height and frothiness.

Last but not least, these colourful Rudbeckia in a pot ahve come good this week, after a very wobbly start, they didn't like the cold, or the drought, or the heat, but did like a bit of rain this week.
So let's see what the author of #sixonsaturday, The Propagator has chosen this week, it's worth heading over there to check his and lots of other people's choices. Spoiler alert, he's on holiday, so service is a bit different this week.


Comments

  1. A colourful six. I love the Tithonia. I must give them a try next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are absolutely fabulous, easy to grow indoors, large seeds mean you can sow them with gaps between them. They make a real show from August onwards.

      Delete

Post a Comment