#SixOnSaturday pre Garden Opening Walkabout

 I've just been out in the garden to do my #sixonsaturday with tomorrow's open garden day very much in mind. If I was a visitor to this garden, what would I see? What are the stand out plants today? So this week instead of the small things which caught my eye, it's the big shout out flowers, although it could have been the arbour seat which I washed yesterday, but forgot to check just now.

Anyway big and blowsy we are, with clematis top scorers this week:

My favourite is this clematis growing over an arch
closely followed by this one which is incredibly floriferous this year. It needs a better support
This is an excellent geranium, it could be Ann Folkard
The delphiniums are a triumph this year, best ever. I bought them from a delphinium society stand at a National Trust garden somewhere. I bought 4 plants in all, the others have disappeared but these are tremendous and have encouraged me to try harder with them in future.
Salvia Royal Bumble is doing really well again. It's about 9 years old and very woody, but loves the corner it's planted in.

And last but by no means least, the dieramas, or angel's fishing rods as they are also known are in flower. One of my favourite flowers, and looking rather exotic among the fennel.

So wish me luck with the garden opening and last minute garden tidying today, and do come round if in the area:

and now I'm off to see what the author of #SOS The Propagator has been up to this week, do go there and have a look.



Comments

  1. Best wishes with the open day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it goes well. It looks like visitors will be in for a treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope they think so, still sweeping up and clearing away the accumulations and drifts of pots etc.

      Delete
  3. It's hard work opening your garden I'm sure, but you've plenty for your visitors to admire. I hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There seems to be lots of tidying up flower pots and other things. I'll report next week, let's hope it goes well.

      Delete
  4. If you'd been nearer I'd have come for the Delphinium alone. I hope all goes well and that the weather behaves itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm amazed by the Delphinium, I think it's down to adding home made compost to it.

      Delete

Post a Comment