#SixOnSaturday June flush

 This Saturday, I had two things to do, a farm walk and a community gardening session at Broadgreen, so decided there wasn't time to fit in #sixonsaturday. However I couldn't resist going out and looking for six, and then thought I needed to share them because they are lovely. I know we're supposed to do it on Saturday, but here's a belated post. My six favourites, hard to choose as the garden seems to get busier each day at the moment with Tithonias looking healthy and so much needing attention. But here goes:

Flag irises just look so good, and don't need any attention, apart from thinning out with a saw a bit later in the year.

Above, this might be an Allium? I can't remember, but it's formed a large clump of heads and gets top marks for beauty
This is a self seeded corncockle, it's a delight.
This is a pink Linaria, I've just looked it up, I bought it on 20 August 2020 at a Rare Plant Fair at Llanover House, it's called Dial Park, and I thoroughly recommend it. I have had to stake it because it grew so tall and threatened to fall over.
Above and below, standard perennial poppy, which as it spreads annoys me, but looks wonderful just now. Below one of many self seeded foxgloves. I did have Pam's choice, but they have crossed with many others.
That's my six very belatedly. To see how it's really done, do visit The Propagator's blog here:

 https://thepropagatorblog.wordpress.com/2021/06/05/six-on-saturday-05-06-2021/

next week, I'm not so busy and hope to make the comments and join in properly. Already I have the almost black irises in flower, will they still look good by next Saturday?

Comments