Kingston Bagpuize Rare Plant Fair

 This was another fabulous event with around 40 wonderful nurseries taking part, choosing plants to buy was difficult, there was so much to choose from, set in the beautiful grounds of Kingston Bagpuize House.  I could have bought over 20 different Geums, they are my current favourites this year with their bright open flowers, although their leaves look very like the common weedy Geum which is why I've avoided them in the past. We had a fabulous day for the fair:

After making purchases, Tim and I wandered round the grounds looking at the woodlanded areas and borders. Lots of lush long grass in evidence
This temple is a lovely addition to the garden
I love these tulips suddenly appearing in the grass
This is the view of the house from The Terrace
along the Terrace, a dry garden has been planted over the last 20 years
and inside The Pavilion, there is a lovely bench
and fireplace, the room is a perfect place for trysts which I imagine taking place there years ago, and maybe today?
Coming down from the Terrace, it's hard not to take the 'standard' photograph of the hosue
and then looking the other way back at the fair, at 3pm, there were still a lot of people buying plants
And this is what I bought:

I've found homes for everything after a bit of trimming back and digging up other plants. As you can see, I bought quite a few Violas and Salvias. The Geum is Lisanne from Avondale Nurseries which I visited on a garden tour several years ago. I'm hoping to be able to grow Echinacea pallida, it's not easy here for some reason. I'm also growing some from seed. I'd like to have a large expanse of it, so maybe growing from seed is the answer.

I'm looking forward to the next fair I'm attending on 20 June at Rodmarton Manor.


Comments