#SixOnSaturday- Rethinking Part of the Garden

 There's nothing like the spur of an Open Garden Day to get you looking at the garden from a slightly different perspective, making the changes you have thought of doing is very satisfying. When I looked out on my rectangular garden, divided in half with a small fence and an archway in the middle, the view was distracted by a bench and a wooden compost bin. I decided these must both be relocated, and having just recently removed the fencing around the pond, thought a bench by the pond would be good, and that's what I've now got. Before having a G&T on the bench last night, I took a photo of the Camassias in sunlight, with the glass just visible in the distance!! Other photos taken outside are taken in rainy conditions, the plants are loving the rain though aren't they? So here are my six, starting with the sunlit Camassias:

They are very near the top of my favourites, aren't they absolutely amazing? For the next two, I stayed in my kitchen. This Agave is doing very well, and is ready to be divided up, but it has very sharp, pointy leaves, I'm hoping if I get it done this weekend, it will have rooted by 19 June when I'm having a plant sale raising fund for TWIGS and OTRA Gardens. Are there 20 plantlets?

The next choice is self explanatory. I do love the way succulent leaves become whole new plants.
I ventured outsdie to take these photos in the steady drizzle, this is Epimedium 'Amber Queen', well worth having if you haven't got it. Likes a shady spot, this is by the back door.
And ta da, here is the new bench beside the pond. It's standing on an old reclaimed brick base, blocks of wood from someone's front garden, I did ask, and they didn't want them, and a marble top found in the garage, thought to be a fireplace base.
And lastly three tree peony flowers, it's a triumph that this plant ever flowers, it has one large stem, leans over at a ridiculous angle and looks unwell all year.
It must only be gardeners who love this rain, my garden now resembles a tropical rain forest, the plants and frogs are loving it. No watering necessary, except the greenhouse. It's now time to look at what the author of this idea, The Propagator has talked about this week. Do go and have a look at his ideas, and those of lots of other gardeners on his blog.


Comments