#SixOnSaturday - celebrating six in the garden!

 We had lots to celebrate at the beginning of the week when we had some wonderfully warm weather, and we were allowed to meet up to six people in the garden; it lasted until my birthday on Wednesday when we had a bit of a cooling down, but sitting in the garden was still very pleasant. Things cooled off a bit on Thursday, and we're now in the grip of an icy wind, but the plants don't really seem to notice it, things are advancing well in the garden, although the pots are getting a bit dry. On Tuesday I dropped my phone from my back pocket into the toilet, I took delivery of a new one today, I'm taking a while to find how to get Twitter and emails, but the quality of the photos should be better, and by next Saturday, I'll be fine with it.

OK let's get on with the six, my first is Soldanella in full flower this week, and looking magnificent, it's flowering in such profusion.:

Next is a close up of a Magnolia I have had for about 9 years, it's looking very floriferous this year and clearly thriving in the spot I chose for it.

Primula Hall Barn Blue was also featured last week, its clumps are even bigger and better this week, so it had to be included.
Above another fabulous primrose: Dark Rosaleen, this thrives in my garden and is easy to propagate
I'm not sure you can really appreciate how large this pile of dug up plants really is. It comprises two types of mint bough 2 years ago from the fabulous Jekka's just down the M 4 from here. One was a buddleia mint, the other Tashkent mint, great in a salad dressing. Over the winter, they had spread over a huge area, so I dug them up and put them in large pots, separately, and intend to remove the rest of the mint.
Finally my Damson 'Merryweather' with some very healthy looking blossom, let's hope it doesn't get frozen on Monday.

Sorry this is so late. I'm off to look at what the boss, The Propagator has chosen and then see what everyone else is doing this week.

Happy Easter everyone, enjoy showing your friends round your garden now we can.
 


Comments

  1. Well, now, anybody who can grow soldanella certainly has the green fingers! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's one of my favourite plants. It seems to like being in a pot in a semi shaded position. It self seeds quite well here.

      Delete
  2. I too was going to send compliments on your soldanella. My commiserations on the mint, I know the problem I had to to the same with Chocolate mint that threaten to dominate an area it did not merit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still trying to dig up the mint which has threaded its way through other plants.

      Delete
  3. The primula is looking wonderful and certainly merits being featured two weeks in a row.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they're really pleased with the rain we are now having here.

      Delete
  4. I have both Soldanella and the Hall Barn Blue primula; I clearly need to up my game, they're pathetic compared to yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words. I do try and look out for both those plants when they're not flowering.

      Delete

Post a Comment