#SixOnSaturday with a frisky feel

 What a difference a week makes! Last week we were bemoaning the state of frozen plants and rock hard ground, and this week, there's a completely different feel; it's warmer, still wet, but the frogs are looking fit to lay their spawn, the hellebores are gorgeous and the garlic has also started growing in earnest. And who know, in 2 weeks we might be able to meet each other in gardens?

What have I picked for my six? I think I'm going to start with a photo of a frog in the pond, it looks very large, and about to produce spawn, it didn't appear to have another frog on its back, so was it about to start mating? I didn't want to hang around too long in case I put it off.

As part of recreating some sort of usual behaviour, I bought Galanthus Trumps from Avon Bulbs, it arrived yesterday in a triangular tube, I was pleased to see 3 flowers. I chose this one because of its distinctive markings on the petals, I stand a chance of remembering it. It's a lovely healthy specimen which I'll plant in the garden tomorrow

Next in the frisky stakes, some garlic I grew last year has really taken off. It won't be any good to eat, and I was going to compost it before deciding to plant it in the garden
I was thrilled with this Valentine card from my husband Tim, he'd painted the snowdrops when they were frozen, hence the fact they're flopping down. I also got a a box of chocolates, so felt very appreciated.
The next two are hellebores, with their heads held up. I used to spurn the idea of hellebores some years ago, but am a huge fan now. I'm not sure of their names, but they are gorgeous
and just look at this really dark one, phew, they are so beautiful.
Now I've finally added my six to the blog, I'll go and see what The Propagator, and hundreds of others have chosen today. Do click on the link and see what this is all about if you are new to it. It's great fun, and he's a master at getting the mood of the moment.



Comments

  1. You are very lucky in your choice of Valentine. I'm tempted to believe he's related to the frog prince in picture 1!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment