First #SixOnSaturday of 2021- ice, flowers and a new optimism

 Well it's Saturday and we're in 2021, we've seen the back of 2020, a challenging year in many ways. The days are lengthening, and although there was quite a lot of ice out in the garden first thing this morning, I'm pleased with my choice of six.

Joint favourites are the seed head from an Inula flower in the bird's water bath, looks a bit arty:

and the skeleton seed heads of a spring flowering plant whose name I must look up, I think they're such a beautiful shape, and the plant seeds freely so it is spreading in the nicest possible way:

I saw this penstemon flower earlier in the week and thought if it lasted until today despite the frost, I'd include it, and here it is, not affected by the frost I think because it's right beside the living room wall.

I have noticed that since the days have begun to draw out a bit, or maybe since it's got colder, the primulas are beginning to flower:

I've also admired the clump that this new Erysimum Golden Jubilee which I bought from Rumsey Garden on a rare trip to a nursery on 24 September last year. It grows to 25 cm max, so is a low clump forming plant which looks as if it likes the position its been planted in.isn't it beautiful?

No #SOS post would be complete at the moment without an update on my newly divided Clivia plant which is looking fab in the kitchen, it would have been my number one entry if I didn't go on about it a lot.

I did make a collage of the six which looked like this:

All that leaves me to do is wish everyone a happy and healthy new year, things can only get better we hope, and now let's visit The Propagator whose blog is sure to cheer us all up with masses of creative energy. And why not make it a new year's resolution to join in with #SOS?







Comments

  1. Thank you, it's only looking like that because I split the plant into six.
    I've had it for about 45 years, well an ancestor of this one!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment