#SixOnSaturday Inspired by Thursday's Talk

In the previous blog post, I talked a bit about Steve Edney's illustrated Zoom talk outlining succession planting with examples from planting at The Salutation Garden in Kent which I wrote about visiting in June 2019 here.  My choice of six was inspired by thinking about the talk, almost everything has a link to the talk or The Salutation, so here we go:

I bought this lethal Agave from The Salutation's plant sale, it has been gorgeous, although it does have prickly points.
Another photo of Salvia 'Phyllis Fancy' which I can't recommend highly enough. This is what it looked like this morning.
When we had the first frost, I covered my Echium, however we haven't had any since then and I think the Echium deserves a bit of light. Amazingly enough it doesn't look too bad.
Brick paths at The Salutation are very cleverly convex, mine was riddled with ground elder, so I dug it up, weeded the soil, and have put it back down this afternoon.
Above here's a variegated Plectranthus I bought from The Salutation, it's a lovely plant, but looks a bit undersized here.

I love collecting seed, and sowing it. What is this? I'm very bad at labels. Maybe it's foxglove seedlings? Whatever they are, they need pricking out.

So that's my six, I'm off to look at what The Propagator has been inspired by this week. Do have a look, he's totally cracked it with photos of tulips he's planted from the Parker's catalogue which look fantastic. I bought a load of tulips from Parkers, and am struggling to get them all planted.



Comments

  1. That sounds like it must have been an interesting talk. It's a garden I've read about, but not had the opportunity to visit. The agave looks wonderful. Good luck with the tulip planting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a great talk, wonderful garden. There were lots of agaves for sale the day I was there. I love them, and am so pleased with that one.

      Delete
  2. Visiting gardens is so inspiring, and also great to thinking up the theme of a talk at this time of the year. Those spines look lethal, so take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there hasn't been much opportunity to visit gardens this year. I was going to go on a garden holiday to Suffolk this summer, but cancelled it.

      Delete
  3. Salvia 'Phyllis Fancy' does look lovely and well worth trying. The agave is a superb beast! Garden talks and visits are certainly inspiring. Wish I could visit the Salutation. (And I hope your healthy echium makes it through!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Phyllis is well worth growing, and the agave is beautiful. I have a much bigger variegated one that I am reluctant to split because of its massive spines. I hope the echium makes it through, better cover it again tonight I think.

      Delete

Post a Comment