#SixOnSaturday - mostly indoors

 Today may be the last official day of summertime before the clocks change tonight, but I wasn't that keen to venture into the garden first thing this morning. Today is my daughter's birthday, and with more time spent working from home, she has decided that house plants may enrich her surroundings, and so was keen to come out with me to buy some plants for her birthday. I have always loved house plants, and had masses around the house, so this was exciting news, and we spent a lovely afternoon choosing some plants. There is a fantastic selection of indoor plants wherever you look, so it wasn't difficult to come up with a good selection. I very much enjoy making small gardens with different plants in, so the idea of mixing cacti and succulents in a bowl really appealed, I thought it turned out very well:

It will grow and fill the spaces in time.
I gave this plant above full marks for having not one but two flower heads at the same time, it's one of the things that thrives on neglect.
You really can't go wrong with a tradescantia, this was for sale in Aldi in a smaller pot, since being repotted it has doubled in size.
For the photo of the Acer above, I wanted to give the general impression of the plant in a border. It was in a pot until Thursday, but in high winds the pot kept falling over, and had broken beyond repair. Pleased with the effect, I'm going to plant out more of my prize Acers, they have suffered in pots too long.
The liquid amber leaves are looking glorious just now, in the high winds and rain this morning, this was difficult to capture, I think you may have to take my word for it.

Finally my terrarium, which forms part of the neglected category of indoor plants. I have left the lid on it, and ferns have staged a take over. I did have succulents in there, but should have left the lid off. Next week, I'll show you a transformed terrarium.

I'll go and look at The Propagator's six now, do have a look if you haven't already, he's always on top form, and this sharing of plant delights was his idea.


Comments

  1. I always wonder why acers are so popular and liquidamber, so much more beautiful, are rare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think possibly because Acers can be quite small, and liquidamber grow into big trees. They are both beautiful in their own way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness, your Acer is a glorious colour. It’s too hot for them here and mine only ever goes a dreary brown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colors! Your lovely liquid amber is weeks ahead of ours. Something to look forward to... Also, I find it interesting that Europe changes clocks one week ahead of the U.S. (I didn't learn that until I lived in Italy and Portugal. Before blogging days...) March at https://gardensatcoppertop.com/2020/10/24/six-on-saturday-october-24/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment