#SixOnSaturday- Late Bloomers, Seed Sowing and Propagation

 There seems even more than usual to do at the moment, a bit of a scrabbling round before the first frosts to get sowing of annuals like ammi majus and hyssop so they get a good start next spring, bring under cover succulents and tender pelargoniums, both of which are looking fantastic at the moment. I've just cleared tomatoes, cucumbers and aubergines out of the greenhouse, and will wash the inside of the glass down tomorrow.  Another couple of jobs I've been doing have been potting up self seeded plants like cardoons and Erigeron karvinskianus, and taking cuttings of house plants and tender salvias. Since we've had some rain, I've also planted out many of my rare plant fair purchases

I'm going to start though with the plants that were flowering beautifully this morning, starting wiht a plant fair purchase, this lovely Lobelia, I've long admired them for their showiness, but never bought one, I wonder how it will fare?

Next is a plant whose name I'm not sure of, I recently saw it in a nursery and decided against buying it a second time, because I thought it had disappeared in the garden, but here it is:

Below is a lovely pale pink chrysanthemum which came from Rumsey Gardens
This is an unknown dahlia, given to me, maybe it was grown from seed by someone, anyway I think this must be its second year

Next is a lettuce plant, Little Gem, one of several that are doing very well in the back garden

and finally a seed tray with ammi seeds near the bottom of the tray, and hyssop at the top:

The great part of the #SixOnSaturday is seeing what the host The Propagator has chosen, and what others have chosen for their six, probably someone else will have the pink flower, and I'll find out what it's called.





Comments

  1. your little gem lettuce looks very hale. i have been slacking on the slug hunting front of late, mine are looking a little nibbled in comparison...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what has happened to my slugs, I haven't used any controls on the at all. I think maybe it was so dry that they didn't survive. Unsure, agree they look suspiciously without any nibbles.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment