#SixOnSaturday- Plants giving long term reliability

 This week  I am featuring plants which flower reliably every year, and continue doing so for quite a long time. Crocosmia are lovely, but over and done with quite quickly, Emily McKenzie is looking fab at the moment, she can appear next week, she's not as long lived as this weeks selection which is headed up by Morning Glory:

I carefully sowed seeds of Morning Glory in seed trays and planted them out around this arch about 8 years ago, now they self seed every year and need no intervention from me at all.
This gorgeous plant is a member of the pea family, lovely flowers and again just gets on with the job of brightening up a dull corner.
Again sedums need no introduction, and are loved by bees
I'm not sure what this is, it's in it's first year, and been flowering for about 8 weeks now, anyone recognise it? I may need to publish leaves
This is a seed tray with cuttings to replace those sold at the plant sale which raised £640 for Olive Tree Cafe and OTRA Gardens. Thank you all those who came along and took plants away and left wonderful donations.
My final choice this week is Salvia involucrata which has been flowering for months. Top marks to it.

It's late and I still haven't had a look at The Propogator's blog.  Well, he was interesting and novel as ever, starting with leaping echinops seed! I agree with him about the sudden flush of runner beans,masses to pick today.

Comments

  1. I know, I know... I need to get one of those sedums, or "used to be sedums" into my shopping cart. EVERYONE has one except me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ask someone for a cutting, in fact if you asked everyone who has them for a cutting, you'd have loads!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment