Easter #SixOnSaturday

Well it's suddenly become very warm, and with temperatures rising some plants are flowering and going past their peak quite quickly. I went out this morning and chose my absolute favourites as I walked round the garden. The temptation is to take photos the day before and get going quickly on Twitter the next morning, but I'd rather have fresh Saturday morning eyes on the 6.
So here's my choice:
 Tulips are great, I inherited these with the garden when I moved in 10 years ago, and despite the fact they are supposed to lose their brilliance over the years, these seem to get better and better, so thank you Mr and Mrs Hale for planting these tulips.
 These Narcissi are about the latest to flower in this garden, they come up , seem to have just leaves, and then flowers become obvious and they are absolutely gorgeous. This group has got bigger over the last few years.
 Before the flowers opened on this cherry tree, it seemed as though the buds were very full, and look at them, masses of flowers very tightly packed together
 I love Magnolias, and enjoy going to Batsford Arboretum with Sue Young at this time of year to look at their tremendous displays of them. It was Sue and Rick who gave Tim and I this beautiful plant about 8 years ago, I send them a photo of the flowers every year as they get more plentiful.
 This is another Narcissus, I htink it's variety Minnow. I planted them in a couple of pots this year so I wouldn't lose them.
And last but not least, the chocolate vine, Akebia quintata. I first saw this plant in Emsworth and fell in love with it, for it's unusual chocolate smelling flowers. My friend Lyn advised me against it because it's a bit of a thug. It is, but it's great at this time of year.
Two more which didn't make the top six were:
 This fab crab apple blossom in the front garden, and below the yellow anenome which comes from nowhere and disappears after flowering.
Don't forget this idea is The Propagator's and his blog can be found here.
Why not join in next Saturday?
Here's my collage:

Comments