#SixonSaturday after a warm week

This week was very warm and sunny for the last week of March, and although the wind was cold today, there was lots of choice for #SOS. I decided against including the many different Primulas, I think I'll devote a post to them next week, and try and identify them.
Here's the collage of six plants:
Something I realise about plants in the garden, is that they all have a history, and with some, it's great to remember where I got the seeds, who gave me a cutting etc etc.
Starting with the bright yellow flowers, they were given as small plants last year by friends Rosemary and Martin, I can't remember the name, I must ask
 The next three plants are flowering very early, I love this dark scabious flower, the plant has come through the winter and is now amazingly flowering. I first saw these dark scabious at Parham House gardens several years ago in their long borders.
This is another plant that has not only survived the winter, but is flowering profusely. It's a nemesia.
and here's pineapple sage flowering already
Below is a container with Muscari latifolium in, they are special grape hyacinths bought from a rare plant fair, looking back at what I've bought over the years, I always buy a different variety of muscari each year, last year was 'Siberian tiger' which were white ones. They seem to have disappeared without trace!!
These highly invasive plants do provide bees with nectar, but need regular pruning. I first saw them at West Dean Gardens. They are related to comfrey.
That leaves the sixth plant, a dark leaved violet. Although violets are invasive, I do love them
Those that didn't make it this week were:
 a beautiful tulip, and below white and yellow violas in a Whichford pot.

Comments