Open Gardens Visit to Jacquie Primrose's Studio

Last Saturday, 22 June, 10 different gardens were open to the public in Old Town. Tickets were £5, available in advance from Earle's Newsagents and Old Town Hardware in Wood Street, and then on the day from some of the gardens. Jacquie Primrose contacted me to say if any of the people opening their garden would like to display any of her mosaics, she would be happy to lend us some.
Last Wednesday three of us took a break from tidying our gardens to visit Jacquie and have the difficult task of narrowing our choices of her mosaics down to a few we could display in our gardens.
I took a few photos to show you Jacquie's mosaics in situ in her lovely garden.
Here's a photo of Jacquie showing Pippa and Laura the beautiful mosaic panel below which I borrowed and looked fantastic beside my pond, particularly because the flag irises were out.
 A nice photo of Jacquie
 Here are 3 of the mosaic 'drops', not photographed in the ebst weather to see them properly
 I loved this blue iris
 and these fantastic poppies
 Why did the weather get duller and duller? It made it difficult to see this fabulous dragonfly properly. I also borrowed this piece, and managed to get a photograph of it in sunshine.
 Jacquie has a lovely two room studio in the garden where she not only makes her mosaics and stores glass, but also holds very popular workshops which many of my friends have enjoyed attending.
 Above Jacquie has small long mosaics that can be hung in the garden, and circular mosaics. I have got a fantastic circular lavender mosaic, a bee and a teardrop mosiac, so I'm a big fan of them.
 I really liked this one
 and this panel
 I thought I'd include a general photo of the back garden which provides a great abckdrop for the mosaics
 And here's a photo taken as we were about to leave, I thought the Rudbeckia panel looked rather good with Pippa and Laura in the background in front of the studio.
We also were thrilled that Jacquie gave us this mosaic as a raffle prize:


Comments