Old Town Open Gardens 22 June

 We were very lucky with the weather last Saturday, the sun shone most of the day, and the temperature was warm without being too stiflingly hot. The previous week had been cold and wet, perfect for making sure everything was well watered after a prolonged period of dry weather. I feel very British for talking about the weather so much, but it was important to have some moisture in the soil preceding  Old Town Open Gardens  otherwise plants would not have been at their best.
In my garden, with Tim's help, we sold tickets, offered visitors cream teas, coffee and walnut cake and flapjacks kindly donated by my daughter, Helen and friend Lesley. There was also a plant sale, and if I'd thought properly about the event, I'd have co-opted someone to help Tim and I.
 Here's a general view of the garden taken when there were 20 people wandering round when I thought I'd better try and take a few photos of the event. I'll also include a few photos taken before anyone arrived. I love this one of the arbour in the morning sun with the Eremurus of foxtail lilies in the foreground.
 Fortunately the rambling rose was in flower on Saturday
 and here's Jacquie Primrose's beautiful iris, dragonfly and frog mosaic
 her circular mosaic
 and the dragonfly with some sun behind it.
 Back to a few more photos of people on the patio
 It was great to see a big group of people around Tim's palette table
I did take a photo of Helen's coffee and walnut cake, it tasted just as good as it looks:
After a fantastic day, some of those who had taken part summoned up enough energy to have a few drinks and some nibbles.

Comments