Gardeners Visiting Each Others Gardens

I'm fascinated by how people create their gardens, so it was a real treat to visit the gardens of those who took part in  Old Town Open Gardens on Saturday 22 June. Those who were available on Tuesday afternoon, formed a group and visited each others gardens, starting with Cindy and Denis's garden. Here we are standing in their garden:
 I took the photo above, so Pippa took the one below so I could be included in it:
 I'm a great admirer of Geranium maderense seen here below growing in great profusion.
 I loved the packed borders and discreet vegetable garden near to the relaxing seating area at the end of the garden. Interestingly the main orchard is in the front garden.
 From Cindy and Denis's garden, we went to Laura and Paul's garden in Kent Road, although really it's Laura's garden I think. Laura's garden is made up of a series of tropical rooms, it's very impressive wherever you look: I loved the juxtapositioning of the two plants below
 Here's another 'room' with 2 of Jacquie Primrose's mosaics hanging in the abckground
 This is a close up of the one on the right that was the raffle prize donated by Jacquie. It was won by Cindy, so it was conveniently presented to her by Jacquie who by now had arrived.
 Here we have Cindy and Denis having been presented with their raffle prize by Jacquie:
I loved the flowers on this Phormium
 And here's Laura talking to Bob and Liza in another 'room'
 Jacquie's fern mosaics looked very much at home in the border
 I was going to add a third garden here, but think I'll add a couple more photos of Laura's garden.
 Above the newly formed pond near the end of the garden with a grey green Agave nicely placed at the front, and below another of Jacquie's mosaics hidden among the ferns below
I was going to add Liza and Dick's garden here, but I'll include theirs in the next post.






Comments