My Garden

I took photos of my garden on 11 June, and haven't had a chance to post them because of being on holiday, but am keen to post them, somewhat belatedly. Although we haven't had any appreciable rain since then, the garden still looks amazingly good in many places, what it will be like after a few days of heatwave though I don't know. It's difficult getting any gardening done because I'm watering the garden and allotment quite a bit. Finding it's probably easier to have plants in pots, then at least they can be soaked in a bucket of water.
Anyway back to photos taken in the garden on 11 June, top of my list of favourites are two bricks with holes in planted with sempervivums:
 And onto the rest of the views of plants in the garden that attracted my attention
 The roses have been fantastic this year haven't they? Mine are no exception, this white one with a backdrop of blue sky looks tremendous. I'm not sure what this plant below is, I saw it on Tortworth Plants stand at last Sunday's Rare Plant Fair and thought I'd photographed the label.
 Below the first flower opening on a giant Scabious plant
 The Centaurea, below, has really excelled itself.
 I bought this Aquilegia about 5 years ago at a Rare Plant Fair near Bristol, it keeps itself pure and doesn't cross with the other ones, and flowers later than other Aquilegias.
 On a bit of waste ground at the bottom of the garden cleared of bamboo, the foxgloves made a take over bid and gave a really good show.
 I do love the blue hardy Geraniums, unsure what this is, I think it came from my father's garden.
 Who'd be without the ladybird poppy? Here it is looking gorgeous, it's now, two weeks later looking the worse for wear.
 This is a real favourite of mine, it's white corncockle. It used to be seen growing wild in farmland, now not seen except in gardens. I bought mine from Derry Watkins at Special Plants a couple of years ago, it has seeded itself quite liberally around the area where it flowered last year.
 I love these succulents in pots, and am very pleased to see Echeveria elegans flowering as though it was in Cornwall in this pot.
 Allium christophii planted for the first time has been a real winner
 and although it's not easy to see very well in this photo, the bush of honeysuckle which grows like a standard has given a fantastic display
I'll go out and take more photos now I've posted those.

Comments