Fibrex Nurseries

Visiting Fibrex Nurseries in Pebworth has been a long term goal, somehow it hasn't been possible to incorporate it into garden tours before. Sometimes things happen for a reason, and by involuntarily postponing the visit, we found ourselves visiting on a perfect day when Fibrex Nurseries were celebrating being open for 60 years. There was a special car park open in a nearby field, and everything was looking fabulous for the special celebrations.
Fibrex Nurseries have National Collections of Pelargoniums, Hedera and lots of ferns, tuberous begonias, hardy geraniums and other perennial plants. I loved it there and came away with 10 beautiful Pellies as they are affectionately known. I took a few photos:
Firstly of the greenhouse where the Pelargoniums for sale were situated
 Above P.Mystery in a large pot and looking fantastic, let's hope the one I bought reaches that size.
 More views of greenhouses
 a close up to try and show the brightness and intensity of the colours
 There were particular Pelargoniums I really liked like this one called P trifidium, mine is much smaller than this at the moment!!
 I also loved this one which I also bought, it's P.australe (Tasmanian form)
 I think this is the National Collection series of greenhouses, these aren't for sale, just for looking
 I bought P.ardens several years ago having seen it at Tyntesfield. It's notoriously hard to grow, having the most awkward habit, especially under my care. I'm tempted to photograph mine, but it's too embarrassing. Anyway Fibrex of course have a fantastic one shown below.
 I liked this one, but didn't remember I wanted to buy it until later on.
 The Begonias were tremendously bright, I've included one of them.
In addition to thoroughly enjoying seeing such beautifully kept plants, it was also fascinating to be among some real enthusiasts one of whom talked about the importance of the collections at Fibrex and their love of Pellies. Now I know it's possible to reach Fibrex Nurseries easily from Swindon when visiting Hidcote for example, I'll be there again. It's well worth it for a day out, but worth checking the opening times.

Comments