Walking along the Ridgeway

We're very fortunate in Swindon to live within easy walking distance from Swindon. It's there on the horizon, visible from the bedroom, Croft Road and numerous other places. There's nothing quite like getting up there and walking along to Avebury. Last Saturday I took a photo of one of the beech clumps at Winterbourne Bassett, looked backwards along the Ridgeway and took a photo of that view as well, and I think it's one of the best photos I've taken.
 and then looking the other way, the view was very different!
 And there are the beech clumps I was trying to take a photo of
I thought I'd get a good photo of the snowdrops on the left as you descend into Avebury, but by then, the light wasn't as good. At 3 hours 15 minutes, the time to walk to Avebury was very good.






Comments