Great Shop on Victoria Hill

There's a lovely second hand furniture shop in Victoria Hill, on the left as you go up from the town centre. It's great for a good mooch round, and if like me, you've got enough furniture, there are fabulous curios which make ideal gifts, for oneself or others.
The shop isn't open every day, but has the opening hours on the door, and Craig, who runs it, has kindly left a phone number, so could be contacted if the shop isn't open. When I asked Craig about social media advertising, he said he doesn't do it, so I thought I'd advertise the shop which I think is fabulous here.I took a photo of the outside:
 and here's the sign outside to encourage you to go inside
 Craig had this beautiful piece of furniture in the window last week, I wonder if it has sold yet? The window displays are carefully thought out to attract people inside, and please do look inside.
 There's quite a narrow walkway between the furniture, and at the back of the shop, you can see Craig.
 I've taken photos to give you an idea of what's in the shop.
 Lots of pictures
 and I love the His Master's Voice dog. I wonder how much Craig wants for that?
 In the photo below, you can see the terrarium I had my eye on, it had been in the window the previous week when the shop was closed, and it was still there.
 I think you get an idea of how good a selection of items there are to buy.
 I chose the terrarium and a set of 5 coloured glasses which had also been in the window.
 Many of my photos of it are a bit dark, I'll just include this one from the side:
 and maybe a bit better
 and then from above so you can see the plants I've used. I'm hoping one day it will be like a jungle
 and here are the coloured glasses, I need to find a better way of photographing them, certainly a white background would help.

Comments

  1. I know that shop. I recently bought a small die-cast TARDIS from there. #obvs He had a big retro Dalek poster not long back that I coveted. No good place to put it though. I love those glasses! Very jelaous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the glasses and the terrarium. Last summer I bought a big zinc thing with handles on which I use outdoors for plants. Wish I had room for more furniture.

      Delete
  2. We must have a peruse when we do the Richard Jefferies' trail. And we should get that in the diary now the evenings are pulling out we can do it one afternoon and perhaps roll in to the Hop Inn for pizza when we've finished. What do you reckon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes great idea, I'd like to be able to take a few photos, so sun would be great, but optional. Maybe we could make a date?

      Delete

Post a Comment