Great Dixter

I'm feeling rather nervous with this newly created blog, intended to be about visiting gardens, enjoying my own garden and allotment, visiting galleries and enjoying art and photographing things I like the look of on my walks.
On a recent visit to East Sussex, I stayed at Peasmarsh, intending to visit the late Derek Jarman's garden in Dungeness, only to discover I was 5 miles from Dixter, and how better to start the new blog than with some photos of a great garden?

 It's hard not to go over the top with photos of such a beautiful garden, I've added 17, but need to prune them back! The one of the front of the house with the pot filled entrance is a must
And  close ups of some of the plants in there:

 A particularly fab Crocosmia with 3 orange and 3 red petals. Not obtainable in the shop sadly.
 The day was stormy and changeable so quite a few of the photos are dark, I will include this one:
 The garden with the sunken pond is always a treat, love this Hydrangea
 Unsure if this is a flowering tree, or a plant growing through a tree

 Lovely planting combos

 There's always a must have plant when visiting a great garden, although I bough others, this plant is my favourite newcomer to my garden, it was growing in the cafe area out the back of the plant sales area and elsewhere in the garden. I was told it was Cirsium tuberosum, and bought it, but I'm not sure it is that. I hope mine grows as splendidly.


Comments